- This event has passed.
Boys Fall Longhouse
November 9 - November 11$30
Cool weather is coming and it will be a great weekend of camping!
This Fall we are going to celebrate our mighty Apache and Algonquin nations and the importance of Fire. Fire was a very important part of everyday life for Native Americans and so this fall we will have some activities to sharpen our fire making skills and reflect on its importance. Our campsite will be in the Bird Sanctuary, a new spot for us that provides an opportunity for each nations tribes to share a great fire, build community and expand our friendships and bonds with our sons.
Some of the activities planned for the weekend include.
- Traditional Acorn ceremony for all new members. Saturday evening. Don’t forget your acorns!
- Water Balloon Target Launch – Tribe Award
- Archery for Points – Individual Award
- Traditional Egg Toss – Father & Son Award
- Fire Starting Competition – Tribe Award
- BB Gun “Target Skills Challenge” – Individual Award
- Scavenger Hunt – Tribe Award
- Face Paint for Great Fire
- Saturday Night – Fed Feast with Meat provided by Federation and Each Tribe brings a side dish
- Please sign up for a side dish
- Award for Best Side Dishes – Tribe Award