- This event has passed.
November 6, 2020 - November 8, 2020$35 – $40
The Beaver Moon in November is named for the beavers which at this time of the year
become particularly active building their winter dams in preparation for the cold season.
November’s full Moon was traditionally called the Beaver Moon by a number of Native
Americans and colonial Americans. Many Native American groups used the monthly
Moons and nature’s corresponding signs as a calendar to track the seasons.
Why the “Beaver” Moon? This is the time of year when beavers begin to take shelter in
their lodges, having laid up sufficient stores of food for the long winter ahead. During the
time of the fur trade in North America, it was also the season to trap beavers for their
thick, winter-ready pelts. Be sure to keep an eye out for the Last Quarter Moon:
In a year of many firsts, we’ll be adding two more.
1) We will be combining the girls and boys fall longhouses into a single event.
2) We’ll be going somewhere new: YMCA Camp Winona. To accommodate as many
families’ needs as possible, we’ll have the option to camp in tents, RVs, or small
Activities for the Fall Longhouse include:
- Lake Swimming with a Blob
- Egg Toss
- Photo Scavenger Hunt
- BB Gun & Archery Ranges
- Float across the campground on the mighty Zip Line!
- Big Red’s Famous Critter Race
- The War Chief will be setting up an outdoor screen to broadcast the FL-GA Battle
- Sacred Fire will include both Acorn & Breaking Arrow Ceremonies
Date: November 6-8, 2020
Venue: Camp Winona Branch YMCA
Address: 898 Camp Winona Rd, De Leon Springs, FL 32130
Fall Longhouse Cabin – $40.00 / Person
Fall Longhouse RV Site – $40.00 / Person
Fall Longhouse Tent Camping – $35.00 / Person
Camp Map – RV Sites – (Our Cabins will be in the boys village, everything is an easy walk to get to)
– Chief Lion Heart